Truck Driver Jobs: Deliver Fresh and Healthy with Agri-Fresh
At Agri-Fresh, we see trucking differently.
First of all, we treat our professional drivers just like we treat our customers. Meaning, we focus on their needs and find ways to help and provide value to them. We do this because it’s the right thing to do, but we also realize that shippers and experienced drivers have a lot of options. We want to be a company that shippers and drivers want to work with.
We are a family-run company and have built a successful and rapidly growing business by treating people right.
Agri-Fresh is a specialized refrigerated carrier. We only move fresh produce from California and Arizona, into the Canadian Prairies.
We are proud to be delivering fresh and healthy every day, and since we are specialists, there are a lot of benefits for our drivers. Rather than doing a lot of picks and drops throughout the day, or even day after day, our drivers leave Winnipeg and don’t touch their load until they reach their destination. This means that your time is freed up to do what you love…drive a lot of miles!
It is worth mentioning that the lanes from the Canadian Prairies to California and Arizona are some of the most beautiful and enjoyable routes there are in our industry. Plan your resets to take advantage of the beauty and adventure that California and Arizona have to offer – especially in winter!
We’re hiring men and women with several years of comparable experience. If you would like to join our family, here are the requirements:
- Have a Class 1A driver’s license with a minimum of one year of articulated experience.
- Are able to enter the United States.
- Enjoy driving for extended periods of time, approximately fourteen to twenty-one days at a time.
- Enjoy planning your schedules and routes, using atlas, e-logs and other trip-planning aids.
- Have some mountain driving experience as it is considered an asset.
- Have a clear criminal record check.
- Have a Driver’s Abstract with three or fewer violations.
- Are an excellent communicator.
If selected, you will enter Agri-Fresh’s In-House Training Program. The program is tailored to you and is usually 2 to 3 days, depending on your experience.
Here is the breakdown of our Total Compensation & Benefits package:
- Experienced drivers that are new to Canada, start at $0.50/mile for the first 6 months but will continue to earn increases in their rate per mile over time, in addition to assessorial pay like cross-borders and wait time, plus a safety bonus that grows year after year. Our drivers, once established at Agri-Fresh, can earn between $75,000 and $95,000 per year.
- An Assigned Truck – No one will drive your unit when you take a few days off.
- Average 11,000 miles per month, however, many full-time drivers run upwards of 13,000 miles per month.
- All pick and drops for the first 3 is $25.00, and the fourth and beyond is $50.00.
- All loaded border crossings paid $12.50.
- Detention, layover, and delay pay.
- Chain up pay $55.00.
- Trailer washout $12.500.
- After three months of employment, we offer a health benefits package (medical, dental, disability & life insurance)
- Two weeks of vacation pay of 4%, after one-year of employment.
- Agri-Fresh is an equal-opportunity employer, and we invite all interested applicants to apply.
Please reach out to our team today to see if joining the Agri-Fresh team is the right fit for you.